Have any questions regarding our heat treatments or how exterminate %100 of bedbugs? We have you covered
Bed Bug Removal Near Me
Frequently Asked Questions
What are bed bugs?
What do bed bugs look like?
Do bed bugs transmit disease? What are their bite symptoms?
No. Although bed bugs carry over 28 human pathogens, there has been no documented case of bed bugs transmitting disease. The medical concerns of bed bugs are typically limited to the itching and inflammation associated with their bite. The bites effects are similar to allergic reactions and can vary from itchy welts to a severe and painful rash that requires medical attention. Often, the emotional trauma associated with discovering a bed bug infestation is considerable.
How do you get bed bugs?
How will I know if I have bed bugs?
Are bedbugs just in beds?
Bedbugs are not just in beds. They can be in chair cushions, sofas, behind electrical outlets, cracks and crevices around baseboards, or even behind picture frames. In other words, they can be live pretty much anywhere.
Do I remove or throw out my bed or furniture?
Never remove furniture from your house or apartment until you have a pest specialist treat or otherwise tell you it’s a good idea to remove the item. Removing any furniture can casuse the spread of the infestation to other parts of your building.
Do chemicals work?
Bed Bugs have built a resistance to many chemicals over the counter pest control chemicals are extremely ineffective at removing bedbugs, and worse may drive them into other areas of the house or into the walls. Heat effectively kills the bugs where they are and have nowhere to escape to!
Everything has a heat threshold bed bugs die at temperatures exceeding 120 degrees ferinhight. By heating the entire living space not only treating one area we can effectively kill any bedbugs in hours rather than having to wait for days or weeks for chemicals and multiple treatments with heat all you need is one treatment unless otherwise directed for extreme circumstances
Why not chemicals?
Besides the obvious health risks and carcinogins related to chemicals, bedbugs have become chemical resistant to a majority of chemicals. This means that you run the risk of not removing the problem entirely and having return visits from your pests and exterminators. With clean heat you don’t have the concerns that come with chemicals, and have the added benefit of removing them in hours!
Preparing your space for heat treatment
Preparing your space is relatively simple and you’ll be glad to know that no bedding, clothing or furniture needs to be thrown out. Essentially, we ask that you remove all heat sensitive items, plants and animals and ensure that drawers and closets are loosely packed and free of clutter. FULL INSTRUCTIONS FOLLOW.
PRIOR TO OUR ARRIVAL, WE REQUIRE THAT THESE SIMPLE PREPARATIONS BE COMPLETE:
Because we will be using sustained high temperatures, please remove the following from your unit (NOTE: many of these items may be temporarily stored in an insulated location such as your stove, fridge or freezer. If you have a balcony and weather permits, anything may be stored there as well.
- All plants and animals/pets
- Fresh fruits and vegetables, chocolates, carbonated beverages, wines, and liquors
- Candles, wax, crayons, lipstick and other cosmetics that may melt
- All medicine and vitamins
- Arts and craft items that are assembled with hot melt glue
- Software, vinyl records, CD’s, tapes (audio and video) stored to avoid warping
- Oxygen tanks, Aerosol containers, fire extinguishers, cigarette lighters and other combustible items
- Musical instruments (may detune due to expansion and contraction)
- Magnets (e.g. fridge magnets) as they may lose some strength
- Oil/acylic paintings (other artwork should be removed from wall and placed on floor)
OTHER IMPORTANT PRECAUTIONS
- All furniture should to be moved at least 2 feet from any wall
- Plastic blinds must be removed, pulled tight and placed on the floor
- Appliances, including computer towers, televisions, stereos, radios and clocks should be unplugged. There is no need to unplug kitchen appliances
- Clothing should be hung with as much space as possible between items. Some clothing may be left in drawers provided it is not more than a few inches deep.
- Please remove as much clutter as possible to allow the heat to permeate the environment.
- Gather and store loose paper and other easily wind-blown items.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
- If you require medications, please ensure that you take a daily supply with you.
- You will NOT have access to your unit/possessions until the completion of the treatment, so please take with you what you will need for the time being.
Any items removed from the premises must be closely inspected for the presence of bed bugs. If the items have bed bugs in or on them, they will be reintroduced to your premises as soon as the items are returned. The treatment will not be successful and stated or implied warranties will be void.